Helmar is growing and I’m so proud to be a part of it. Over time, I have learned that different mediums and different techniques all require different formulas of adhesives. There is no one adhesive to do it all and for good reason. With this in mind, we are proud to announce the Helmar Education Team. The Certified Team will be available to teach you how to use Helmar adhesives and which ones work best different applications. The Helmar Educators, will have online presence on our Helmar LIVE Ustream channel WEEKLY. These Educators are also available to teach workshops and do demos in your scrapbook stores and at events. Every Wednesday, one of our Educators will share great tips and techniques here at the Helmar Blog.
I am Cheryl Boglioli and I am super excited to be the new Education Coordinator and I am proud to introduce you to the very first Certified Helmar Education Team. We are looking to add two new educators to our team, so if you think you’d like to join this fabulous team, make sure to read to the end of this post for requirements.
Our Online Educators will be hosting the Helmar LIVE Ustream events on Tuesday nights at 7 PM EST. Come join us for fun and inspiration as our educators create a project with you live. We will have Guest Educators from time to time as well as special events.
MEET Katie Nolan-Denham
Hi! I am Katie Nolan-Denham. I live in southern Maine with my loving family. We have two dogs. I have loved crafting since I was a young girl. About 12 years ago my girlfriend introduced me to scrapbooking. She said and I quote "It is so YOU!" She was right. Throughout the last several years I have developed a style that is simple, yet colorful.
The faces of the people who surround me with love inspire me to create every day. Their faces, their expressions, they tell a story. I want to share that story with you. I am constantly learning new things, taking new classes. I evolve as the information I learn interests me. My other hobbies include cooking and running, as the title of my blog obviously tells you. I also enjoy reading, entertaining, decorating, and amateur photography.
MEET Carisa Zglobicki
Hi, My name is Carisa and I'm thrilled to be a part of the all new Helmar Educator Team. A little personal info about myself, I have been married nearly 12 years to my amazing high school sweetheart and we have 3 beautiful kids together. My passion is coloring which is why earlier this year I launched Designed To Color, an all new craft magazine devoted to inspiring creativity through coloring! Put some fresh rubber in one hand and some Copics in the other and I am a happy girl but I am also branching out to mixed media & altered art thanks to my incredible time spent as part of the Helmar DT. I've come across new stamp companies, new techniques, amazing products and love learning as well as sharing something new all the time. It is my hope thru my blog & now magazine to inspire others to keep learning, growing & creating but most of all just to have FUN while you do it!
You can find more about Carisa at Lady Guinevere's Inky Fairies.
Our Classroom Educators will be busy creating workshops and will be available to demo Helmar products and teach fun, exciting, and personalized workshops at your local scrapbook stores. Watch for them coming to a store or event near you.
MEET Cheryl Boglioli
My name is Cheryl Boglioli and I am a Florida native, wife, and mother of one beautiful daughter. I have been an artist and crafter all my life. I am an avid paper crafter, mixed media artist, and educator in the Craft and Hobby Industry and I love to stay on the cutting edge of new products and techniques as it pertains to the crafting industry. I achieved CHA Designer Member status in 2011 and in 2012 became a full-time designer and educator traveling and teaching workshops at local scrapbook stores and events. I currently work with several manufacturers in the industry including Tattered Angels, Canvas Corp, Basically Bare, Helmar and Zutter.
You can find more about Cheryl at Cheryl’s Window
MEET Amy Lassiter
I am Amy Lynne Lassiter, a girl that lives by a lake that sits on the prairie in Northeast Kansas. I am married to my best friend from college, and the mother to three beautiful, unique, creative, and fun daughters; ages 17, 12, and 10. My day job is as a rural librarian, and I also am employed as a church section leader and soloist (I am a trained operatic soprano). I was introduced to mixed media scrapbooking a few years ago, and, as cheesy as it may sound, I immediately found myself while creating. I love to incorporate as many up-cycled materials in my creations as possible, and to find a new way to create art out of an everyday object. I am incredibly blessed to be able to design for Helmar, Zutter, and Gauche Alchemy, and I get giddy just thinking about heading to my studio to cook up a project for them. I enjoy teaching others to express themselves through the creative process, and to inspire with my “thinking outside of the box” designs. I am always amazed at the wonderful friends I have made in just the few short years I have been in the crafting industry, and cannot wait to see what the future holds.
You can find Amy at Sparkling Gnome Studios.
MEET Letitia Grace Lauer
My name is Letitia Grace Lauer… but I go by “Grace”. I am a proud military wife. I am attached to my hubby, our life together with our two adorable, blue eyed children. We are currently in gorgeous northern California enjoying this time in our lives.
I have been creating all my life; I grew up like any normal child running with decorative scissors and always cleaning glue out of my hair. Fast forward 25+ years and now I have been on several design teams, published many pieces and sold many more. I began working with a sketch blog, writing for an online magazine, designing for MFG teams and now here I am, over the moon excited to be selected for and “stuck on” Helmar’s Education Team. I am thrilled to be moving into a new creative chapter of my life, teaching. I love to share my passion for arts, crafts and the steps it takes to adhere it all together. Everyone can create if they are willing to get their fingers sticky. As I blog, share, learn and teach I hope to inspire others… “In art the hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can inspire” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson poet
You can find Grace at Grace’s Scrap Attic.
I hope you will take a moment this week to visit each of these fabulous Educators. I also hope you will take a moment and consider if you could be the next Helmar Educator.
Helmar is looking for ONE Online Educator and ONE Classroom Educator. Will it be YOU???
Helmar is a recognized leader of adhesives and aerosols in the Arts and Crafts industry and we are looking for new Education Team members to promote our amazing products. If you’d like to be a part of one of the most creative and easy going education teams out there, while showcasing Helmar products and your talent, this call is for you!!!
We are looking for dedicated education team members that work well with deadlines, direction and preferred partner products.
As a Helmar Educator, you will…
- Receive Helmar products and advance releases of new Helmar Products as well
- Endorsement fees for published layouts and tradeshow projects
- The opportunity to receive some great products from our Preferred Partners throughout your term
- potential compensation opportunities
Now what does it take to be a part of the Helmar Education Team? Here are your responsibilities
- 2-3 projects per month consisting of (but not including all every month) blog posts on the Helmar blog and your personal blog, Ustream videos, video tutorials, blog hop projects, Preferred Partner projects and Helmar challenge projects. These are on a rotating calendar basis that will be provided to you. The schedule is not as intimidating as it reads. Monthly Helmar Blog post MUST be a step-out tutorial or tutorial video. Online Educators will be host 1-2 Ustream Events per month. Classroom Educators will need to teach 3 workshops per quarter.
- Keeping your personal blog up to date and linking Helmar at every opportunity. Using Preferred Partners product is also appreciated.
- Facebook, Twitter, Ustream and YouTube involvement. Social Media is big in the industry and we want you to be a part of it!!!
- Monthly submissions to magazines and publications
- Special projects as per requested for shows, catalogs, promotional items and trade shows
If you are interested in being a Helmar Educator, please send the following information in a single email
1) Name, address, daytime/evening phone number and email address.
2) Short biography
3) Links to any online galleries, blogs, Facebook, twitter pages and video streams ( YouTube, Ustream, vimeo)
4) List or attached resume of other design teams and/or education teams you are or have previously been on. This should include any classes/workshops you have taught in the last year and where. (previous teaching is not a requirement)
5) A brief paragraph letting us know why you would like to be a Helmar Educator.
6) A link to one 3-5 minute video showcasing a tutorial technique. Or a link to a step out tutorial
7) 3 examples of your work that will best showcase what you will bring to the Helmar Education Team. (Layouts, cards, altered art, mixed media, sewing projects, crafts etc.) Make sure to list any special techniques you’ve used using adhesives. Please no photos larger than 500kb each.
7) Anything else you feel we need to know about you
Please submit your application to email@example.com by September 26th, 2012 with "Helmar Education Team Application" as the subject. No late submissions will be accepted. The new Helmar Design Team will be announced by October 3, 2012.
At this time we are only accepting applications from Australia, Canada and United States.
Helmar Adhesives do not need to be used on your submission samples but are appreciated.
I look forward to hearing from you.