Now.. what I can say about this is... OMG I have been hiding under a rock lately that's for sure !!!
Why oh why have I not discovered Darkroom Door products before !?!
I was in absolute heaven when my Helmar Design Team goodies arrived with some super yummy rubber stamps and word strips in it. Now I am in love with their products so much that I know that my stamp collection is just going to go through the roof soon!
Now as some of you may know I absolutely LOVE butterflies...
and guess what arrived in my pack...
Yes.. these super yummy stamps!!!!
Was absolutely beside myself that I had to play with the straight away.
Now once I had created my base for my layout using some texture paste, paint and then glimmer mist I sealed the base of the layout using some Helmar Crystal Kote Fixative before I rubbed the base with some ink to help the brick pattern shine through the base. once this was done I sealed the whole base with some Helmar Crystal Kote Matte Varnish. It too any unnecessary shine out and seal everything nicely.
Now that is where my new Darkroom Door stamps came into play. Super easy to use and just perfect for what I had in mind for this layout. Using a few scraps of patterned paper I was able to stamp some butterflies and then cut them out by hand. The best bit about the butterflies though are that they are so life like looking. I think they almost look like they are flying on my page. To give the butterflies that little bit of dimensions and also to help adhere them to the different layers surface I had already created with the twine and chipboard swirl I used Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. It meant the the butterflies could be adhered without any worries about an uneven surface.
To finish off the layout I really didn't want to do any huge amount of journalling. Now the perfect thing I found to use was the word strips by Darkroom Door. I was able to chose the words to suit what I wanted to say. I cut them out and inked each word. They were then scattered throughout the the twine and chipboard and adhered there using some Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to give them some dimension. Super easy but every effective I think.