Hi Vicki-Ann here I have been joining in the Art Marks 30 Day Challenge with Rae Missigman. Rae announced during the week that she is doing the challenge again in March. It will be a whole new set of 30 prompts. So I needed a new art journal for the new challenge. I thought I would recycle the packaging of the paper I use to make my art journal.
List of items you will need
- Helmar Tacky Craft Glue
- Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste
- Paint and glue spreader
- Decoart Americana paints and Gesso
- Pallet knife
- Ranger Archival Black ink
- Hole punch/ Crop a dile
- Book, music paper
- Scrapbook paper/painted scrap papers for inside lining
- Plasterers tape
- Sewing Machine
- Pens, pencils for details and mark making
- Craft knife and Cutting Mat
- Paper for pages (I use Monte Marte watercolour 190lb)
- 2 rings
First I grabbed my craft knife and cutting mat and cut my cardboard.
So my cover ended up being 8 1/2 inches ( 21.5 cm) by 5 1/5 inches (13.97 cm).
I used some Payne's grey Decoart paint on the edges.
I then cut my watercolour papers to size and using the cover as a guide I punched the holes to suit and added the rings