Hi there crafty friends, for my project today I have created a mixed media canvas using the ones I had gelli printed in my last post. I had been looking for the perfect project to create with them and with my mum's birthday coming up, why not use them for a lovely gift! Here's what they looked like after being gelli printed.
So what you will need for this project is;
- A base for your project - I have used these 5x7 canvas boards. I am using the pink / purple one above for this project.
- Helmar 450 quick dry adhesive
- Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste
- Helmar Professional Acid Free Glue
- A printed serviette - or you could stamp images on to tissue paper and use this
- Photo of your choice
- Various embellishments - I have used Flowers, Journal Its, a doily and wooden veneer arrow from D-lish Scraps. I also used a piece of gelli printed bubble wrap left over from my last post for Bubble Wrap appreciation Day
- Background stamp and ink of your choice
- Modelling paste and palette knife
- Stencil (this heart stencil is also from D-lish Scraps)
Firstly, using the Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste, apply pieces of the teared serviette to the background of your canvas board
Then using the stencil, apply modelling paste using a palette knife. For this project I used Golden coarse modelling paste to provide extra texture, but any texture or modelling paste is fine. Allow to dry thoroughly before the next step.
To cover the edges and add some further colour to the project, I applied gelatos in various colours around the edges and over the stencilled modelling paste to highlight the pattern. Gelatos are a stick of smooth colour that is easily smeared with a baby wipe or fingers. I used some red to pick up on the colour in the photo and purples to blend with the background paint colours.
I gave the Gelatos a dry with my heat gun and added some script stamping on to the background of the canvas using Stampin Up black ink.
Add your embellishments to finish off the piece - here I have used a paper doily cut in half, layered with the heart bubblewrap and flowers. The Helmar Quick Dry glue is ideal for adhering the flowers - it dries super fast and you can quickly move on to the next embellie. I placed a piece of cardboard behind the photo to make it stand up. The little 'Journal Its' and wooden veneer arrow from D-lish Scraps were adhered using the Helmar Professional Acid Free Glue.
I had also completed the blue canvas board that I thought I would share with you here;
I hope you enjoyed this project and I'd love to see what you create using these ideas.....until next time! Happy crafting! Sarah